Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

An Unplugged Weekend

And getting reconnected.  Sorry I didn't get a chance to post anything over the weekend, but honestly, I hardly had my computer on at all during the past three days.  It was great to spend time doing other things that do not require a computer, a keyboard, the Internet . . . but I did miss posting.

First, I spent Friday at home with a sick child.  And, ooops!, we did play a computer game for about an hour in the afternoon.  After that, we watched cartoons and rested.  In the evening, I had the opportunity to visit with some friends at a stamping class that I attended.  It was great fun to reconnect and to meet new friend - and to stamp at the same time.

Then on Saturday was my Christmas Card class, and it was almost a full house!  Love it!  I had a great time sharing and visiting with those that attended.  And this time I did remember to take some pictures of the class. 

Sunday was family day.  We spent the afternoon just hanging out, catching up on some favorite TV shows and even watched the movie Prince of Persia, which I enjoyed very much. 

And now, here I sit winding down the weekend and knowing that tomorrow it is back to business as usual.  That's okay.  You have to have the work days and the busy times to help you realize just how nice it is to just veg out on the couch every once in awhile.

Now, I owe you some pictures.  And don't worry they are coming.  Pictures from this weekend and to show you the beautiful cards that I got to make at Marlene's house on Friday night.  But first, there is still one more card that you have not gotten to see yet that we made in my Christmas Card class yesterday.  So, here it goes...


I love this totally cute little Santa.  Isn't he just adorable?  This is my very first stamp set using the clear blocks.  LOVE THEM!  They are easy to put together and easy to use.  I can see a very bright future for me and clear stamps.  OH, and did you notice the Glimmer Brad?  I may have mentioned this before, but I just love them!  Gorgeous!

Stamp Set:  Holiday Hoopla, Curly Cute
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Jolly Holiday Designer Paper, Cherry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Regals brads, Glimmer brads, Rhinestone Jewels

And finally, here are all the cards that we made in class on Saturday.  Aren't they fun?

Well, I can hardly keep my eyes open.  I'm even going to hit the sack before getting any reading in today.  Just too tired.  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails