Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Holiday Weekend - Yippee!!!

First of all an announcement - I have reached over 1,000 hits on my site here!  Wow.  I don't know what to say since I just started it a month ago.  Thanks to everyone that has enjoyed visiting here.  I hope that several of those 1,000 hits are return visitors.  If you enjoy my site, please feel free to share with all of your friends!

I took full advantage of the holiday weekend by deciding to take it easy and have fun.  I set work stuff aside and spent the past two days relaxing with family and friends.  And since, it's only Sunday, I look forward to one more day off.

Friday night, after all school activities were taken care of, my family spent the evening with my niece Brittany and her family - Ben, Baylee and Payton.  We went to eat at Sweet Tomatoes and then went to a free show at the planetarium at the local community college.  It was a final project put on by a student.  Very well done showing the massive size of the Universe by showing our planet and surrounding planets, and going on to show all the known planets and galaxy's pretty darn cool.

On Saturday, I spent the day with my friend Kim.  It was her son's birthday last week and he had invited a few friends from school to come over for the day, including my son.  So off we went.  I tagged along for the day to provide another vehicle and to have a fun time hanging.  We had a great time.  The boys all had fun & got along really well all day.

Sunday was my day completely off!  I decided it sounded like a great day to do a whole lot of nothing.  And so I did.  Actually I didn't do nothing, I spent most of the day on the couch getting caught up on America's Got Talent.  I don't even want to say just how far behind I was, but now all the recorded ones are gone and I am ready for the new shows on Tuesday and Thursday.  There are a few acts that I am totally in love with & don't know who I want to win yet - still too many really good ones on there.

I find that show really inspiring.  It's amazing to me how many people have found something that they are passionate.  Even if they don't make it to the end and win, they are winners.  And I don't want that to sound too cliche, but it is very true.

Don't worry, I will not be leaving you without putting up a new card to view.  This one was designed by my friend Rhonda M.  She is a very talented stamper and all around wonderful person.  So, thank you Rhonda for such a great 3D project.  I have enjoyed looking at it, as it sits on my desk for inspiration.



I really loved this totally clever way to secure the ribbon handle.  Very cute!
Stamp Set:  Wicked Cool

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails