Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Glitter, glitter everywhere - stamping and nails - such fun

And, speaking of glitter and things that sparkle . . . here is a card that has plenty of shine.  But first, a teaser:


I redo my nails at least once a week. And sometimes two or three times. It just depends. You see, I am really hard on a manicure, so it's a good thing that I do them myself. I couldn't afford it otherwise. And sometimes I get just plain bored with the color that I have on at the moment. At this particular moment, I am wearing a beautiful silver sparkly color. I'm not sure what it's called. It's from OPI and was a part of their Christmas Collection. They are the cutest little bottles of polish. And at the time I thought they were just perfect for trying out some new colors. All the colors were glittery, and it included red, silver and purple. Now, I could not possibly be expected to turn down a purple shade, could I?  I really do wish that I had bought full size bottles, but oh well what can you do. 

Since I was wearing glittery silver on my nails, I guess I felt inspired to add some glitter to a card that was sitting on my desk.  It is the glitter that I showed you yesterday.  Fun, fun stuff.  On this card I attached it with Sticky Strip.  Man oh man do I love me some Sticky Strip!!!

But, before I get ahead of myself . . . first here are what my nails look like currently.  I'm pretty sure they will get changed sometime this weekend.


Please don't be too critical of my polishing job.  I love this color.  Mostly because it looks like it should be rough to the touch like glitter is.  But it isn't.  It's smooth, smooth smooth!  Love it!!!!

Okay on to the card.  I do believe this card will be made in my Christmas Card class next Saturday.  If you are in the area, and would like to come you better get yourself signed up.  It will be a fun one.

Here's the info if you need it again:

Christmas Cards Here We Come!

Saturday September 18, 2010
10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Cost: $15
RSVP by Thursday September 16.

Join me for a Christmas Card Class!
We will be making 4 wonderful Christmas cards. Stamp Sets include Big on Christmas, Holiday Hoopla and Curly Cute to name a few. We will also be using these accessories Jolly Holly Designer Series Paper, Jewels, Glitter Brads and much more.

Sign up early, with payment to secure your spot.
Bring a friend and you take the class for only $10!!!

Email me for more info or to sign up - mlharper@qwestoffice.net

And, if you missed it, I already shared one card from the class. It was posted on Tuesday September 7, 2010. Titled - September Stamp Class - a break from Halloween cards.


Now these are the only kind of snowflakes that I like.  That's why I live in the desert.  I know I'm a wimp, but it's true.  I do not like the cold temperatures.  I lived in them for over half of my life and now that I'm the grown-up, I get to say no more!

And here it is, the full card.  Lots of embossing shine, and glitter shine and some fun ribbon.


Thanks for checking in with me.  I'm getting a little tired and will be turning in soon.  But first, to get some reading in.  It's getting really good in Return of the Jedi.  That's my favorite movie of them all and so far the book is too.  Although, I only just began chapter three.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails