Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Favorite Find - Eyeliner

Having grown up in a family of all boys.  And now living in a house of all boys - even our two dogs are boys.  I've never thought of myself as a girlie girl in any way shape for form.  I've always strongly believed that girls are just as tough as boys - and some of us are even tougher.  And I've always been very proud of that.

As I have gotten older, I have also realized that tough can also be pretty and look good and enjoy all the fun things that girls get to do and enjoy.  Now, don't get me wrong, I am so not calling myself pretty and looking good.  I just mean that I have to come a realization that I enjoy wearing makeup and jewelry and heeled shoes.  I still don't wear skirts, but definitely could see one making it's way into my closet without me breaking out into a cold sweat.  Just kidding. 

I have found it very interesting in talking with several of my girlfriends, how many out there only wear black eyeliner.  I find that kind of funny.  Because one of my very favoritist things in the world is bright colored eyeliner.  For those of us out there that lived through the 80's, how many of you remember the bold colored mascara?  I had mascara in bright green and bright blue.  And I loved them both.  I always put them on my lower lashes because I could never find eyeliner that wasn't down to my jawline before the day was over.  So the mascara was perfect for adding some fun color and not having to worry about it smudging. 

Well, I have a Favorite Find for you!  Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils.



I tried this eyeliner about a year ago and have been hooked ever since.  For several reasons.  Let me give you the low down:

1.  It goes on so smooth.  It has the words Glide-On in it's title for a reason.  They really do glide on.  Smooth as butter!

2.  They do not smudge.  Let me repeat myself - they do not smudge.  That is unless you are going for the smoky look and intentionally smudge them.  I mean man, these stay put all day long.  Now, let me clarify something here, I do put on some eyeshadow primer type stuff.  You know the liquid that you can smooth on all over your lid (and I put a dab under my eyes too) to keep your shadow from creasing.  So that could be part of it, but I am telling you, the combination of the two and I have eyeliner that stays where it should all day long!

3.  The most wonderful selection of colors.  Now don't you worry.  Those ladies that are black only - and I'm not exactly sure why you would want to be - black has it's place, but it's so fun to wear green or blue or gray or brown.  I love to change it up everyday.

I got this totally fun sample pack yesterday.  It comes with 10 fun travel size colors and one full size black.  Love them!  I already tried one of them today.  It's called Stash and is kind of a brown/green color.  Oh baby did I love it!  Too fun!




So for those of you that are a little worried about trying something new, I absolutely say GO FOR IT!  You never know what you might really like until you give it a try!

I'm off to bed tonight.  I have a busy day tomorrow.  I'm going for a two hour drive to stamp with some really fun ladies.  It's been a couple years since we've stamped together and I am so very excited to see them and have some fun.  Don't worry, I will be sharing lots of pictures when I get home. 

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!

1 comment:

Diana Gibbs said...

You are beautiful silly girl!
I love my urban decay eyeliner, but somehow I manage to get it under my eyes by the end of the day...ha!

Love ya, and see you Tuesday!
Di

Related Posts with Thumbnails