Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pursuit of Happiness

There are many things that get me really excited about getting creative.  I love to look at things.  I mean really, really look at things.  One of my brothers has accused me of seeing the world as if through a camera lens.  And he's right.  I do, do that.  When I am driving around I look at things as if I were taking a photo of it, mentally trying to remember where I am so that maybe someday I can come back and capture it properly.

I also love to listen.  There is very little in this world that can move me as much as music does.  We have had a wonderful love affair for as long as I can remember.  Some of my earliest memories are of listening to my brothers records and 8 track tapes.  Being around 5 years old, riding in the back of my brother's Chevy Nova and singing all the words to Moody Blues or The Who.  Music has always moved me. 

I've added a little something that I hope you will enjoy.  Today is Music Monday.  In the top right side of the blog, there is now a link to a YouTube video.  Really, I just want you to check out the song.  This particular song gives me goosebumps.  And, it will only be on the site until I decide to share another song.

The song for today is Pursuit of Happiness by Nuno.  He's from a band that was pretty popular in the early 90's called Extreme.  (They did a little song that some of you may remember called More Than Words.)  Anyway, check out the song.  I think the best one to listen to is the top choice there, with a picture of four guys.  So, let me know what you think.

Last Friday I was able to go stamp at my friend Marlene's home for a class. We made four really fun cards.  Well, I don't have those cards ready to post yet.  Instead, I'm going to share another of Marlene's cards with you.  First of all, here's a close-up of the card.  I love this paper, from the Holiday Mini Catalog - it already has the glitter on it!  How great is that?



Marlene & I stop for a picture moment during class.


Her full card.  Too cute.

Stamp Set:  A Cute Christmas (Winter Mini Catalog)
Ink:  Basic Black
Paper:  Garden Green, Real Red, Whisper White, Candy Cane Christmas DSP

I still have a little photo work to do before going to bed, and my eyes are getting a little droopy.  I hope everyone had a wonderful Monday and will see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails