Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Music Monday begins

It's Music Monday.  Time to share some of my musical tastes.  Not sure if any of you checked out last weeks recommendation - The Pursuit of Happiness by Nuno.  Great song.  And if you missed out on it, I'm sorry.

I've been listening to the new Linkin Park CD - A Thousand Suns - for a week now.  And have fallen completely in love with a couple of the songs on it.  It is a good buy for those that like them.  To me it is a cross between their older angrier stuff and the mellow tunes of the last CD - Minutes to Midnight.  That one took a bit of getting used to - although I do absolutely adore Leave Out All The Rest on Minutes to Midnight.  There are quite a few change- ups, one song will be very aggressive with a heavy drum beat and then the next one is full of piano and a softer singing voice.

As always, I love the combination of the two different styles of singing in their two lead singers.  The best example of that is their song In The End from Hybrid Theory.  Great mixture of rapping and singing.  So, back to A Thousand Suns, it seems that there is more of that mixture than we saw on the last CD and it still works.

I recommend getting this CD, but suggest the clean version if possible, for one song in particular (and that happens to be my favorite one right off the bat).

I guess if I had to sum up how I feel about this CD it would be this.  It is a great mixture of the old Linkin Park with the polish of maturity and a budget to record with.  Their sound on this one is very full bodied.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails