Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Some good, some not so good

Yesterday and today were a bit of a whirlwind.  Yesterday being a little better than today.  Today had me fighting a headache all day long until finally around 1:00 I gave in and took a two and a half hour nap.  Waking up with an even worse headache than before.  I am very happy to say that after some Advil and some caffeine, the headache is finally gone.  However, I think I'm going to take the rest of the day pretty easy and catch up on some recorded television shows while chilling out on the couch - maybe with a yummy bowl of ice cream.

One highlight of the day yesterday, I placed my first order from the new catalog.  I have joined a swap - my first one in years.  For those of you unfamiliar, a swap is real fun.  Here's how it works.  You commit to make one card for the number of people that have joined the swap.  You complete your card, making the same design that many times.  You get those cards to the swap hostess by either hand delivering or mailing.  She then swaps them out by making sure that each participant receives one of every participants card.  These are so fun.  Not only do you get samples from many different stamp sets and accessories, but you also get to see many new ideas and sometimes techniques.  I will be sharing what I get back in my swap after it is completed!

In the meantime, here is the card that we made at the stamp meeting I attended the other evening.  Thanks again Rhonda for creating this card - and thanks Diana for taking me there!  I had a great time!








Stamp set: Birthday Bakery (Level 1 Hostess set)
Ink: Basic Black
Markers: Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Baja Breeze
Paper: Pumpkin Pie and Greenhouse Gala Designer Series Paper
Accessories: Pear Pizzazz 1/2" stitched-poly ribbon, Scallop Circle punch and circle punch

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails