Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

From Okay to Great

This weekend was kind of a long one for me.  There were lots of activities planned.  And that was great.  But, I had a bit of a personal issue that has taken me for a bit of a blow.  I'm not ready to talk about it yet, because it's still pretty fresh and I have not decided how I would like to handle the situation.  I do know that it does need to be handled, just not sure what the best option is.

I was looking forward to a dinner and movie planned with a couple of girlfriends all week.  Only to find out that not all of us were going to be able to make it.  And that's fine, life happens.  So we decided to reschedule for another time.  Well, at the last minute, three of us decided to go ahead and meet for lunch.  And I am so glad we did.

We met at Liberty Market, which is one of my very favorite places to eat.  We got to talking and catching up and really just enjoying the afternoon.  Before we knew it an hour and half had gone by.  One of the gals, Amy, had just had a stamp class this past Friday and brought along the projects they made.  So darn cute!  Robin and I loved them.  Amy suggested we go back to her house and stamp them.  Trust me, you do not have to ask me twice!  So off we went.  It was so great spending the afternoon with such caring and wonderful friends.  Thanks gals for such a great afternoon.  Let's do it again real soon!!!

After I got home from fun stamping, my health challenge friend, Kim contacted me to go for a 2 mile walk. Woohoo! I hadn't gotten my walking in for the day and was more than ready for some chatting and exercising at the same time. It was great to get that walk in. I am now really pumped up to get another walk in tomorrow with my family. Should be fun!


Here is one of the five cards Amy let us make this afternoon.  I simply love it!  The design is so simple and yet beautiful.  And, of course I love it because it's mostly purple!  How can you go wrong?






Stamp Set:  Medallion
Ink:  Elegant Eggplant, Cherry Cobbler
Paper:  Elegant Eggplant, Basic Black, Whisper White

I hope you all had a great weekend and look forward to chatting with you tomorrow!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails