Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

First Official Stamping Event

Today was my first official stamp events. I setup my sale items this morning. Lots of wonderful memories of stamping items here that are looking for a good home - to be used and loved. I had some stamp friends take advantage of these great deals, but do have lots of items left. If you are interested in a list of what's left and prices send me an email mlharper@qwestoffice.net.


After my sale, I had my first class. We did three cards. I wanted to keep things a little simpler for my first event. We did use some bleach, some glitter and ribbon of course. It was fun. I think everyone had a good time stamping, chatting and just enjoying a little girl time. Thanks for supporting me in my new adventure. I can't wait for next month - Christmas!

After the class, several members of my family went out to eat. For me, it was kind of in celebration of getting back into stamping. It's been a fun experience. I look forward to challenging myself again and reconnecting with this side of my creativity. We went to eat at a Mexican restaurant. We had plans to eat at a local Olive Mill, but decided at the last minute since it was so hot out (it's an outside tour and stuff that you go through) and they have an event planned for today that we did not want to participate in, that maybe we should save that for another day. Thanks to my mom & Brittany for the support with stamping today and to their families for joining us for lunch today.

All around a fun time!  I took some pictures as I was setting up and fully intended to take more during the class and such.  But, I was distracted with the actual stamping and forgot to even get my camera out.  Next time I will be much better.  So here's the garage sale.


Spots, spots and more spots.  Oh and some cardstock too.  This is what was left at this point, after having sold several unopened packs and loose sheets as well.  Before the day was over, several more packs of paper and spots left as well.

A look at the stacks of stamp sets.

Various accessories.  Items needed to add that special touch.

My day ended with a very nice surprise.  My health challenge friend, Kim, and I went for a walk around the neighborhood.  This was no leisurely stroll.  We had a good pace from beginning to end.  I just wish it wasn't quite so humid out.  The heat no problem, but I am so not used to the humidity.  I'm glad she asked me to go.  It felt great to get out there and get in some exercise after a non-stop day.  It was great company, great conversation and all working towards a better me.  Gotta love that.

Now I'm gonna put in some quality time with my book - The Empire Strikes Back.  Yes I have seen the movie more times than I can count, but the books are way better.  Aren't they always?

Tune back tomorrow for my ordering special announcement.  I know I said today was the day, but I'm still working out all the details so tomorrow it is.  See you then!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails