Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Middle of the Week

Well good morning all!  At least, I hope it's a good morning.  We are smack in the middle of the week and so far it's been a good one!  Don't forget you have just 3 more days to order saving either 10 or 20% off your order!  Contact me right away to get your order in before it's too late!  mlharper@qwestoffice.net
Read the entry on Sunday August 15:  Special Discount valid through August 21 for more information.

I have forgotten to update you on the health challenge for the past couple of days.  Sorry about that.  On Monday, I was so excited because I got to return back to walking after having to take a few months off.  For a little background...my dad walks every morning (except for Sundays) and has for years.  I couldn't even tell you when he started walking, it's just something that he always does.  If I had to venture a guess it would be in the early 90's.  But it could have been even earlier than that.  He walks for health reasons and we, the family, can see that he has benefited from it over the years.  He walks at the local mall.  It's great, you go in early before the stores open and make a few laps around.  And it's not boring, we are constantly entertained by the ever changing displays in the windows.  One lap around our mall is a quarter mile.  One of my brothers walks with him.  My brother's original goal was to get his endurance back up to be able to start running again.  (I think we have enjoyed walking so much that I'm not sure he is still wanting to run anymore - I can't be a runner so that's not an option).  Last year, when my son started band, he had to be to school an hour early two days a week for it.  So, at last, I was finally able to walk too.

I really wanted to start walking to help with the terrible shin splints that I had gotten from doing karate.  I had the shin splints for almost two years, been to the doctor, had inserts made to retrain my ankles to keep my feet from rolling in.  Wore those, felt better but still wanted to be able to get some good exercise.  I started walking at the mall for two reasons, to get that exercise and to consciously make the effort to retrain my feet to walk properly to avoid shin splints.  Well, it worked great.  I haven't really had any shin pain for a year. 

Once school got out, I had a pretty rough summer and was unable to walk.  Well, band started up again this past Monday and I was at the mall with my dad and my brother ready to walk.  The three of us really enjoy getting together.  I mean the physical exercise is great, but the chance to get together and chat and such is even better.  I'm so glad that I am able to start going again.  And even prouder of the fact that I was able to jump right back in to my old pace again.  Even if I do have three brand new blisters on my feet.  That won't prevent me from going again this morning!

I would like to say long story short, but I guess I can't.  I am a bit of a talker after all.  I have not weighed myself for a few days.  I do however feel better already - more energy and all that good stuff.  I also feel stronger since I've started this challenge so that is a good thing.  I will try to remember to weigh myself today and see how that goes.  I just don't want to see no change and get discouraged you know?

 Okay, so on to stamping.  Here is a card I made a few weeks ago.  I think I wanted to get something going that was using the color Rose Red.  I stuck with colors from within the color family for easy coordination.  I am still getting use to the new color groupings and really am finding some of those colors to be quite fun together.  I hope you enjoy.



Stamp Set:  Priceless
Paper:  Baja Breeze, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, Naturals White
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Rose Red
Accessories:  Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon, dimensional

Thanks for stopping in!  Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails