Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Music Monday - An Oldie . . .


Let's go back in time a little.  It's the early 80's and this young, unknown band from Norway blasted onto the music scene with their amazing animated video to a very catchy tune titled Take on Me.  We just couldn't get enough of the song and video.  And unlike the video from Beyonce for Single Ladies that Kanye West so rudely declared "the best video of all-time (not sure where he got that idea from).  This particular video was amazing to watch. 

A-ha had the most success here in the US with their debut album, Hunting High and Low, which contained Take on Me among other hits.  And yes, there are many songs on it that I still enjoy listening to to this day.  But, for me, their second album, Scoundrel Days was the better choice.  And, my favorite song by a-ha was on Scoundrel Days.  It remains one of my all-time favorite songs and is one that I listen to often almost 20 years later.  The song is titled I've Been Losing You.

I hope that you will take listen to this song.  I have added a link to You Tube on my site and will keep it there until my next musical posting.  It's a song that I have listened to all of my adult life and have gotten much inspiration from it, it just puts me in a great mood.  I love how music can do that - uplift you.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails