Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

I Am A . . . Star Wars Nerd

That's right full on Star Wars nerd.  And proud of it!  Ever since I saw the first movie when it came out in the theaters, I was in love.  There was just something about it, the story, the characters, the fantasy and yet something that really made sense.  It was more than just the battle between good and evil.  So much more.



I saw this bucket at Target (in the dollar section can you believe it?).  And just knew that I had to have it to sit on my desk.  It makes the perfect holder for some of my essentials - watercolor pencils, adhesive, Aquapainter . . .

So, back to Star Wars.  I recently read the original books, based on the movies.  Thanks to my brother Kelly.  I can remember seeing them in his room when I was a kid and knowing that someday I would love to read them.  Well, he just reread them and then gave them to me to read.  I was so thrilled to get the chance to hold those glorious books in my hands and actually get to read them.  And yes, I have seen the movies many, many times.  I mean we own them all on DVD.  We have the soundtracks to each movie on CD - and listen to them often.  They were a great read.  More than the movies.  Thanks Kelly for sharing the books with me.

Me and the original Star Wars books.

One of my favorite moments in the movies - from The Empire Strikes Back:

Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship. - Yoda

And this exchange:

Luke - I cannot believe it.
Yoda - That is why you fail.

My son being taken prisoner by a snow trooper and Boba Fett
at Star Wars In Concert last year.  An amazing show!

And today, I received something that I've been waiting for.  Saved up my money and finally was able to order it - along with supplies for upcoming stamp classes.  I finally got to play with it a little bit tonight and can't wait to have more fun.  Can you guess what I got?



The Big Shot!  I can't wait to play and have some creative fun with it.  And I can't wait to share it at my class on Saturday.  Happy stamping and crafting to all!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails