Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Fragile Music Monday & a bonus

I can't believe it's another Monday upon us.  I never know what song I'm going to pick for my Music Monday's until the moment I sit down to start typing it up.  I completely leave it to the mood that I am.

So, I started this blog as a means to share my stamping items.  But I decided that that was not enough.  I really wanted to have a place to share all my creative endeavors.  For, I have come to realize that all of life should be approached creatively and with lots of care. 

I would have to say that music is a huge part of my daily inspiration.  Music speaks to the soul in a way that nothing else really can.  If you will let it, it will touch your heart in ways that very little can.

I do feel the need to give you a little background on today's music pick.  For there is a bit of history with me and the featured artist.  Today I have chosen a song by Sting.  And, I will tell you right now, there will be more selections by Sting to come.  I find his work to be highly inspirational and beautiful.  But, there is more than just the musical connection for me.

I remember in the 8th grade, Sting did a documentary about making his first solo album called Bring on the Night.  (Which happens to be one of my favorite Police songs).  I went to the documentary with my best friend Jae Kyung.  We loved it.  Both of us being big Sting fans already.  There was one moment that really stuck with me all these years.  In one scene they have a photographer come to shoot the band for artwork on the album.  And I remember sitting in that theater and thinking to myself, "that's really a job?"  And I fell in love with photography at that moment.

I have had the pleasure of seeing Sting live several times over the years.  And had my lifelong wish of seeing The Police together a couple years ago when they reunited for a tour.  Made my year!

So the song selection for tonight is a beautiful song titled Fragile.  Listen to the words.  Amazing.  This song will be featured on the video bar to the right.  Don't let a week go by without checking out the song.  It's beautiful.  The most amazing version of this song I am unable to find recorded.  It was performed with Sting and Yo-Yo Ma at the Utah Olympics some years back.  Just remembering that performance gives me chills.  A truly inspired song.

Over the weekend I had my Halloween class.  It was a great time & thanks to those that attended.  I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.  In preparation for that class, I started looking into other Halloween projects I could work on.  I found the cutest Halloween item at Walmart and went to town decorating it.





I know that these little candies are intended to decorate baked goods - cookies, cupcakes and such.  But they are packaged so cute that I want to keep them as is.  Besides, I totally love that the white ones are bones.  How fun is that?

I applied Stampin' Up!'s Spooky Night Rub-Ons on each "test tube".  I was a little nervous because of the curve of the tube.  But the rub-ons went on wonderfully.  Then just added a bit of ribbon and I have a great decoration.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails