Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

I Would Really Like . . .

To Lose 50 pounds.  Really I would.  I've been saying that for quite some time.  And a few months ago, my fun friend Kim - hello darling! - very nervously approached me to do a little health challenge with her, her mom and some of her friends.  Well, I gladly jumped on board.  And it went great . . . in the beginning.

But isn't that how it always works?  I'm still working on it.  You know, watching what I'm eating, exercising more regularly.  All that stuff that we should be doing anyway and somehow just don't seem to do.  What I haven't been doing lately that I was extremely dedicated to in the beginning was tracking my calorie intake every single day. 

I know that sounds utterly dreadful.  Tracking calories.  It's horrible isn't it?  Except, Kim pointed me in the direction of the Livestrong website.  They make it so dang easy.  I mean really, you start typing in what you had to eat and it searches for tons of possibilities.  If you ate out somewhere, chances are it's on the site and you just type it in, how much you ate and voila (love that word, don't you?) it calculates how many calories you consumed.  And then, even better, you plug in your workouts and it deducts that from your calories.  So, bottom line, I need to get more serious about it.  And really track those calories!

I've even set a goal for myself.  Now, before I get to that, I do need to make one HUGE disclaimer.  I think that scales are evil!  They drive me nuts.  They are so discouraging.  So, instead, I subscribe to the if my clothes are getting looser and I'm fitting back into things that I couldn't wear before, and my energy is better, than I must be losing weight.  Now, I am a pretty honest person.  I don't believe in fooling myself.  And someday, when I really start losing, I will get on that scale and see what it says.  But in the meantime, I'm okay knowing that I'm able to move my belt just one more notch tighter and noticing that the sleeves on all my shirts are getting looser and looser.

So, back to my goal.  I have this pair of jeans that I have not been able to wear for awhile now.  And I really, really, really want to get back in them by Christmas.  And, I know that the holidays are coming up.  And I have a serious chocoholic issue.  But, I will make the commitment to stay within my caloric intake and if I cannot do that then I will just have to up my exercise for the day.  So, okay I have made my commitment to you.  And I am sharing with you a small portion of the jeans that I am getting in by Christmas!

Don't they just look so comfy?  I love these jeans and cannot wait to wear them again.  And, if any of you are wanting to join me on this one step at a time get healthy challenge, then let me know.  I would love to have the support and to share this adventure with each of you.  I really make a great cheerleader, I promise!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails