Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Secret Music Monday

It's not really a secret - the posting that is.  But the song is . . .

I love it when artists use instruments that are a little out of the norm for their style of music.  But yet do it in such a natural way.  That you would not imagine that instrument not being there.  I love when pop, or rock, bands use string instruments in their songs.  It add such a different element.  And today's band choice does it brilliantly.  Probably because every member of this band plays several different instruments.  They are extremely well rounded.

I have had this CD since it came out about a year ago.  And every so often I pull it out and enjoy listening to the great mixture of mellow melodies and songs that really get you inspired.  The band is One Republic, the song I'm choosing to share today is Secret and the CD I am referring to is Wake Up, their second CD that was released in 2009.  (Their debut CD, Dreaming Out Loud is fabulous too.  I recommend them both.)  I hope that you will enjoy it.

Be sure to listen to the song on the Music Monday Pick of the Week section on the right.

It was a pretty busy weekend.  Lots of fun family activities including a fund raiser at my son's school and a visit to the State Fair.  I spent most of Sunday taking it easy and even got to watch an entire football game.  That was nice.  And it felt good to be a bit "lazy" for a day.  You need those every so often. 

And in honor of taking an easy day, I thought I would share with you two other loves of mine - my photography and one of my beagles.  Hope you have a great Monday!


The Guard

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails