Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Don't tell Santa but . . .

I'm feeling a little naughty.  This is a family show, so let's not go there, but I am going to be teasing you a little.  Or, I guess I should say I am going to be giving you a tease in just a moment. 

But first, a little bit about my week so far . . .

After my super busy end of the week last week, which kept me very busy over Halloween weekend and still on Monday (something that does not make this Halloween crazy girl all to excited - to be super busy during that time).  I am so happy to say that things seem to have settled down - like totally.  Of course I did just jinx myself.  But it would seem that I have gotten a pretty good handle on my new work load for my "day" job and have actually had an opportunity to get some other, more fun projects going.  Some have just been started, some are in the thinking stages and some are actually completed.  And I am very pleased with the outcome of the completed one. 

You know, there is nothing more satisfying than feeling like you have accomplished something during the day.  And still have energy left over for some reading before your eyes are just begging you to go to sleep!  And what is even better is that I accomplished several things that I enjoy doing.  I have completed all work for my "day" job in a very timely manner - yeah!  I worked on some photos for the week, processing and have even booked a family portrait session with two other inquiries on the table - double yeah!  And I crafted a fun Christmas project that I really look forward to displaying in my house - triple yeah!

And so now for the tease . . . I am going to share the Christmas project . . . well sort of . . .

Do you remember me talking about going shopping and to lunch with my friend Diana?  Well, she is such a wonderful crafter and very inspiring.  I love checking out her projects and seeing what she is up to.  (And love sharing caramel apple pies that almost set off the smoke alarms at the restaurant.)  We went to a local craft store.  Dare I say where?  Sure why not.  We went to Michael's.  She was looking for a specific frame for a project she was going to be working on - and I will be making a little bit later too (so check back for that beauty!)  Anyway while there, we saw these totally cute place card holders.  You know for putting on your table to let people know where to sit?  Well, c'mon, I live the in the Southwest, we don't get that formal here.  So, we decided on another use for these totally cute decorative items.  And that is where the tease comes in.  I'm going to show you what I used to create mine . . . and then tomorrow you will get to see the finished product.  I know, I'm totally mean, but you still love me anyway don't you?


A closeup look at one of three place card holders

The set as they came right out of the box.

Does this inspire you?
So, I started pulling out embellishment items that I would like to possibly use on this project.  Most of them did not get used, but that does not mean they did not help to inspire me.  Any guesses as to which products got used and which ones did not?  I'm not telling.  But, be sure to check back tomorrow and see the finished project for yourself.  See you then . . . for I am off to read for a bit before I go to sleep!

1 comment:

Diana Gibbs said...

Love the tease, loved the pie, love you more!

Related Posts with Thumbnails