Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

And for the smaller piece first

I can't wait to share these finished projects with you.  But, first I must talk.  Because that is who I am.  A talker. 

I've been looking for a way to organize some of my officey type items.  You know file folders and such.  I am in big need of organization.  That is not my strong suit at all.  I've decided that something that would really help me would be a stand, of sorts, to sit on my desk and hold some key file folders.  You know keep everything in one place but do it very stylishly.  I've been looking for months and nothing was really appealing to me - in my budget.  It's really hard to find anything other than those black plastic containers, silver mesh or faux leather.  And to me all of these say snoozeville. 

And then finally, I saw the one I wanted to get.  I mean it wasn't exactly what I wanted, but it was a good start.  A teal colored desktop file sorter!  I was out shopping for Halloween supplies and there it was - and on clearance no less!  It was my lucky day.  And then a few days later, I saw the cutest matching pencil holder - and it was on clearance also.  I must be doing something right!

Now, teal is not the first color of choice, but I knew that I could make it work.  All it needed was some Designer Paper and some embellishments and we would be in business.

I redid the pencil holder first.  It was smaller and easier to work with.  Whenever I am creating like this, I pull out all the supplies that I might possibly want to use on the project.  Set them all on my desk and then just start mixing and matching until I get it just right.  What do you think?  I absolutely love it!

Add a flower, a stamped tag, some bling and you are good to go!

I am loving the idea of adding Rhinestone or Pearl Jewels to
buttons.  It really jazzes them up.

A little personalized tag of black glitter attached with
black Shimmer Brads.

This was super fun to make.  After I completed the pencil cup, I was so ready to get going on the file folder organizer, but ran out of time for stamping.  That was the hardest part - waiting until the next day to get to work on it.

And because I took tons of pictures - well would you expect anything else?  - I'm going to share the rest of it tomorrow.

I hope you took some time to find some creativity in your day today!  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails