Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

I Got To Remove One From My List!

And boy did that feel good!!!  But then my OCD kicked in and feels the need to fill the empty spot from where I removed the Idea Book from my list that I showed you yesterday.  When will it ever end?  At least it's an ongoing list of fun things to do - and not something terrible like clean the toilet.



Okay, okay, so I found a moment of time this evening after dinner and was able to finally sprinkle on some glitter.  Let me back up just a little bit.

I found an old sketch book that was practically new.  I took a computer art class many years ago.  The very first thing that the instructor had us do was get a sketch book and "carry it with us to be sketching all the time".  Well, I bought the book and I think I attempted to sketch a few things before I said forget this and promptly dropped the class.  You see, I cannot for the life of me sketch anything!  I have never really understood the need for sketching when you are dealing the photography.  I mean I'm not going to go out and sketch a shot I would like to take before I take it.  That would be a little strange.

I have decided to put this book to good use.  I collect images.  I always have.  I collect them and use them for inspiration.  Now, I have a home for those little images that I cut out of magazines.  You know a pair of shoes that I like, or color combinations that look good, or soft lighting that I would like to try in a photograph someday.  Now, they will all go in my brand new Idea Book.  Yeah!

And, this project used several items from my newly reformed hoarding ways.  Two birds with one stone . . . or some such thing.



It has already taken up residence on top of a file cabinet next to my desktop file organizer.  I love it and cannot wait to start putting in some great ideas.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails